The selection Committee for the admission to the A.Y. 2015/16 of the International PhD in Agrobiodiversity organized by the Institute of Life Sciences has completed its work.
The general Ranking List - which includes all applicants scoring above 70/100 - is published on the right of this page among the “Attached Documents”.
There are only 6 positions available: 6 with scholarship.
Applicants beyond the 6th position in the Ranking List, even if eligible, are not admitted to the program.
In case a candidate in one of the top winning positions renounces to the post, the next eligible candidate in the ranking will be invited to fill the vacancy.
The International Ph.D. Programme in Agrobiodiversity is aimed at the enhancement of human resource capacities in the use and management of genetic variation in agricultural and natural systems, in order to improve the sustainability of agricultural systems and the conservation of genetic resources for the well-being of present and future generations.
The Programme is structured into two curricula:
Curriculum A - Plant genetic resources;
Curriculum B - Functional biodiversity in agroecosystems.
Research areas will include the analysis of:
- Genetic variation in single genes and entire genomes of agricultural and forestry plants and their wild relatives;
- Mechanisms that control the variability in genes and/or groups of genes, as those involved in resistance to pathogens and/or pests and tolerance to environmental factors;
- Role of functional biodiversity in maintaining genetic diversity, including evolution and co-evolution of pests/pathogens and host plants;
- Role of functional diversity, including interactions between pests/ pathogens/weeds and domesticated/volunteer/wild plants, in agroecosystem health;
- Plant and crop physiology, including plant stress physiology and post-harvest physiology:
- Options for applying the acquired knowledge, as a prerequisite for crop improvement, crop protection, sustainable crop/agroforestry management and multifunctional land use.
Regolamento del Dottorato in Agrobiodiversità (file pdf, 205 Kb)